News from the companies of social media analysis.
Companies and services
- 28 June - London-based Reputica launched ReputicaRating, a social media analysis service with an emphasis on defensive monitoring and reputation management.
- 22 June - The Nielsen Company completed its acquisition of NetRatings, moving a step closer to the announced combination of NetRatings and BuzzMetrics in a new Nielsen service unit.
- Digital Influence Group chairman Larry Weber has a new book: Marketing to the Social Web: How Digital Customer Communities Build Your Business (aff). You can read an excerpt from the first chapter on the book site and early reactions on the DIG blog.
- "The Talk About Phones," CIC. An overview of community and content around mobile phones on Chinese BBS. The charts that go with this brief paper are the real find. Nokia, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Dopod should look over this free sample that focuses on their market.
- Chinese blog search engine Blogool released its first report on blogs and consumer WOM (via Luyi Chen). This report focuses on domestic brands in China, or so I'm told (you'll need to read Chinese to get anything from the report).
Tags: social media analysis brand monitoring