News from the companies of social media analysis. Launch week, apparently.
Companies and services
- 27 January - MightyBrand launched their social media monitoring and engagement platform, previously known as BlueSwarm.
- 28 January - BuzzGain launched the public beta of their "do it yourself PR" platform. Note the promised integration with CRM tools.
- 13 January - BuzzDing entered private beta for their online reputation management platform.
- 24 January - BuzzNumbers announced the opening of their Tokyo office and the launch of the Asian version of their platform.
- 27 January - CyberAlert announced the recipients of its annual PR grants to not-for-profit organizations in the US and Canada. press release
- 26 January - Island Data has changed its name to Overtone. The Insight RT product has been renamed Open Mic. press release
- Quirk eMarketing released the second edition of their eMarketing Textbook. The book is available in print or as a free download.
- The Pew Internet & American Life Project released Generations Online in 2009 (PDF). They had me at "Contrary to the image of Generation Y as the 'Net Generation,' internet users in their 20s do not dominate every aspect of online life."
- 4 February - J.D. Power Web Intelligence is offering a free webinar, Marketing in a Recession: Consumers are Talking. Are You Listening? 4:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Janet Eden-Harris and Forrester's Suresh Vittal.
- 11 February - Telligent is presenting a free AMA webinar, The Good, the Bad and the Value: How Marketers Can Measure ROI and Manage the Tone of Online Customer Communities, 1:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Telligent's Marc A. Smith, Ken Vernon and Jana Carter.
- 18 February (London) - Measurementcamp, 10:00 AM at Hill & Knowlton.
- 18–19 February (San Francisco) - Predictive Analytics World