News from the companies of social media analysis.
Companies and services
- RTGI launched a US affiliate, Linkfluence, to manage PresidentialWatch08 and potential business in North America. (via Matt Hurst)
- Andy Beal (Marketing Pilgrim) announced Trackur, an online reputation management tool with data filtering, sorting, bookmarking and sharing features. A closed beta is planned for February, with launch expected in March.
- CyberAlert announced the recipients of its grants to not-for-profit organizations for 2008. 29 organizations in the US, Canada, and UK will receive one free year of the company's online news monitoring service.
- BuzzLogic moved to new office space, just down the street from their old offices.
- Financial technology executive Brennan Carley joins Monitor110 as CEO, kicking off a round of executive musical chairs. Former President & COO Roger Ehrenberg moves to the Chairman seat vacated by founder Jeff Stewart, who remains on the board and continues his involvement with the company. press release
- Radian6 CEO Marcel LeBrun launched a new blog, Media Philosopher. If you haven't seen bloggers of social media analysis since it was first posted, the list is noticeably longer now.
- Experian released The Impact of Social Networking in the UK, which focuses on lessons from 2007, trends in 2008 and critical areas for social media marketing strategies. The authors will host a free webinar on 24 January at 10:30 am GMT. (via The Guardian)
- Edelman's Jonny Bentwood released Distributed influence: quantifying the impact of social media (PDF). The paper summarizes the discussion of influence and its measurement online at Edelman’s New York office last September.
- Joseph Thornley is planning a roundtable on social media measurement the week of 20 May in Toronto. The exact date is TBD, pending confirmation of the dates for Mesh.
Tags: social media analysis brand monitoring