News from the companies of social media analysis.
Companies and services
- PRWeek: Factiva partners with EveryZing (press release). Oh, and there was that little item about corporate parent Dow Jones & Company this week—maybe you saw it.
- 1 August - CoreX veteran Joseph Fiore is now president of the company and has changed the name to RepuMetrix Inc.
- 2 August - Visible Technologies CEO Adam Selig presented in a CEO showcase on next-generation media tools at the AlwaysOn Stanford Summit today. (Video)
- CIC released their half-year review of developments in Chinese social media. Many of the trends will be familiar to the English-speaking (reading) social media crowd, but the report gives Chinese examples that you probably haven't seen.
- Dow Jones and PRSA released the results of a survey of PR pros and students on new technologies in the communications environment. Respondents were generally optimistic about the impact of new technology, though most pros feel their own organizations are behind in their use of technology. Online news sites, blogs and social networking sites were identified as sources of both challenge and opportunity.