News from the companies of social media analysis. I'm catching up from the holidays, what's new with you?
Companies and services
- 15 December - Clarabridge announced a partnership with Teradata to combine the companies' text analytics and data warehouse technologies. press release
- 18 December - Omniture announced the addition of Visible Technologies as one of 15 new Genesis application providers. The partnership allows Omniture customers to integrate social media data from Visible with Omniture's web analytics data. press release
- 7 January - VibeMetrix announced the start of beta testing for their AlertRank add-on for Google Alerts.
- 4 January - TechCrunch reported that SkyGrid plans a free version of their dashboard.
- Software updates: Radian6, Techrigy
- Society for New Communications Research (SNCR) released Exploring the Link Between Customer Care and Brand Reputation in the Age of Social Media (PDF).
- UMBC eBiquity Research Group released Geolocating Blogs From Their Textual Content (PDF). via Akshay Java
- Netlash released Predictions 2009 (Dutch, PDF).
- 14 January - Society for Word of Mouth is presenting a free webinar, Social Media: Effective Measurement, 2:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Dave Evans, author of Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day.
- 15 January - Techrigy is presenting a free webinar, Business Cases for Beating the Recession Using Social Media Monitoring, 2:00 PM EST (GMT -5). Connie Bensen will demonstrate the use of Techrigy SM2 to identify and benefit from online engagement opportunities.
- 15 January (London) - MeasurementCamp, 10:00 AM at BSG House, 226-236 City Road.
- 18–19 February (San Francisco) - Predictive Analytics World