News from the companies of social media analysis.
Companies and services
- 31 October - Trackur announced a cobranded version of its dashboard for agency use.
- 3 November - Blogmeter launched an Italian blog monitoring service, delivering custom reports on posts that mention the company, brand or competitors.
- 5 November - Synthesio launched Consumer, an analytical dashboard
focused on French social media(see comment).
- 5 November - ethority announced a syndicated report on brand presence in German social media.
- 5 November - Onalytica announced its first outside investment, £5 million from a group of individuals.
- 6 November - The Bivings Groups announced EnergyWatch, a new demo of its ImpactWatch media analysis platform. The demo tracks coverage of new energy sources, such as biofuel and wind power.
- I'm starting to hear about a few layoffs. At the same time, I know that other social media analysis companies are hiring. To help connect both sides of the market, I'm offering an 80% discount on job board listings through the end of the year. Use the discount code 4QSMAV for $10 listings that also appear in the news digest as long as they are active. Post a job.
- Metrica released Media Trends, November 2008 (PDF), a summary of historical and current data on media consumption in the UK.
- Corporate Insight published Social Media: Trends and Tactics in the Financial Services Industry, which details company initiatives in customer-facing applications. See the executive summary (PDF) and highlights on BobsGuide. via Market Sentinel
- Beyond Analysis posted Make Do and Mend, a short paper with strategies for the downturn.
- Radian6 released Dell: Free Range Marketing (PDF), which describes Dell's online interactions ahead of a new product launch.
- IAB UK released Social Media Handbook (PDF, 9 MB). You'll never guess what it's about.
- 12–14 November (Las Vegas) - WOMMA Summit and Research Composium. Join us for the SMA vendor meetup on the 12th (updated with details).
- 13 November (New York) - PRSA-NY Tech Thursday, 6:00 PM at Latitude Bar and Lounge.
- 18 November - Coremetrics is presenting a free AMA webinar, How to Win in a Web 2.0 World with Web Analytics—Keys for Metrics-Driven Success, 18 November at 1:00 PM EST (GMT -5).