News from the companies of social media analysis, Attack of the White Papers edition. There will be a quiz on Monday.
Companies and services
- 2 December - Leximancer announced that Polecat will incorporate Leximancer technology into the Polecat Intelligence Application. press release
- 1 December - Jodange received a Small Business Innovation Research grant from the (US) National Science Foundation to support research into linking automatically extracted opinions to business outcomes. press release
- 4 December - SentimentMetrics launched version 2 of their web interface. Radian6 announced new features.
Question: Should I link to software update posts here? Most vendors aren't using version numbers in public, and there are few major launches to trigger coverage.
- Geoff Farris has joined Visible Technologies as senior vice president of sales. Farris was previously president and CEO of Bueller's, a private investment firm. press release
- Andy Lark points out two recent studies of online media use: EIAA Mediascope Europe 2008 (PDF) and Ofcom’s International Communications Market 2008 (press release).
- Anderson Analytics released partial findings from their 2009 US College Student Report, GenX2Z. The 5th edition of the longitudinal study focused on social media use among US college students.
- Biz360 announced a new report on online customer opinions on automobile brands (PDF). press release
- CIC released the first two parts of its third quarter white paper series, The Internet is THE Community: "The Chinese IWOM Landscape" and "Alternative Ways to Measure Internet Community Dynamics." via Sam Flemming
- Cision released a new white paper, Engaging Social Networks:
How to Find Your Community, Build Relationships and Gauge Your Influence Online.
- ComScore released UK PC & Mobile Internet Usage Report. Along with profiles of user populations, the report shows 179% year-on-year growth of social networking use among mobile Internet users. press release
- Digimind released The Map: Top Pharma and Healthcare Sources on the Web.
- Epsilon shares from their CMO survey, "while just over half of the companies surveyed already use consumer data mining, 23% more said that they plan to utilize the technology in the next 12 months." press release, via MediaPost, AdWeek
- The IBM Institute for Business Value released Undressing in public: Harnessing the power of Web 2.0 to rebuild trust in banking (PDF).
- Nielsen released the 3Q08 edition of its Three Screen Report (PDF) on how US consumers divide their media consumption time. press release (PDF)
- Rubicon Consulting released Online Reviews Second Only to Word of Mouth as Purchase Influencer in US (PDF). via Ginandrea Facchini, Marketing Charts