News from the companies of social media analysis. Are you making it easy to pay attention to your company with an RSS feed of your news? (I know, it's on my to-do list, too.)
Companies and services
- 21 January - Tealium launched Tealium Social Media, a hosted service that links web visits to mentions of the company on previously visited, third-party sites to generate conversion and ROI metrics for PR activities. press release
- 20 January - Radian6 announced that they closed their series B financing round of just over $6.5 million in December and will receive a separate investment of up to $2.9 million from the Atlantic Innovation Fund.
- 20 January - Twingly announced the launch of Twingly Microblog Search, which searches Twitter, Jaiku, Identi.ca, Pownce (using historical data), Bloggy (Swedish) and Bleeper (German). via Matt Hurst
- Software updates: Spiral16, Techrigy
- Jim Schwab joins Techrigy as vice president of sales and marketing. Schwab was previously senior vice president of sales and marketing at Harris Interactive.
- Warren Sukernek joins Radian6 as director of content marketing. Sukernek was previously a senior digital strategist at VML.
- CIC released its IWOM Watch review for the second half of 2008 (PDF). The report focuses on the Beijing Olympics, the growth of social networks, and the convergence of social media and e-commerce in China.
- 27 January - Aquent is presenting a free webinar on digital marketing staffing trends, 1:00 PM EST (GMT -5).
- 28 January - Awareness is hosting a live Twebinar, Top 8 Best Practices for Social Media Marketing, 2:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Chris Brogan, Paul Gillin and representatives from Sony.
- 4 February - J.D. Power Web Intelligence is offering a free webinar, Marketing in a Recession: Consumers are Talking. Are You Listening? 4:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Janet Eden-Harris and Forrester's Suresh Vittal.
- 18–19 February (San Francisco) - Predictive Analytics World
- International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Data Mining (Athens, 20–22 July), due 30 January. via Marc Smith
- Workshop on Social Aspects of the Web (Poznan, Poland, 27, 28 or 29 April), due 1 February. via Valentin Zacharias
- SETQA-NLP 2009 (Boulder, CO, 5 June), due 6 March.
- Workshop on Online Social Networks (Barcelona, 17 August), due 6 March.