News from the companies of social media analysis.
- 8 May - Chris Lohman joins Visible Technologies as Director of Client Strategies. Lohman was previously managing director, Northwest Region, for JWT INSIDE. press release
- 14 May - BurrellesLuce released the 2008 edition of Top Daily Newspapers, Blogs, and Consumer Magazines, which lists the top 100 dailies, largest 25 consumer magazines, and most popular 25 blogs in the US. press release
- CIC released Tuning into Sports IWOM, 2007 Q4, which examines online discussions of athletes, sports team and brands in China. via Sam Flemming
- 21 May - Satmetrix is presenting a free webinar, Making the Most of Your Relationship with Your On-line Community Members, 21 May at 11:00 AM EDT (GMT -4). The session will focus on interacting with customers in online communities.
- 22 May - Visible Technologies is presenting a free webinar, Unlocking Social Media’s ROI through Engagement & Participation, 22 May at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT -7). Visible's Blake Cahill hosts Forrester's Peter Kim and Microsoft's Marty Collins in a discussion of current trends and the benefits of social media engagement.
- 16–17 June (Boston) - 4th annual Text Analytics Summit. Social media analysis is prominent in the agenda, which also covers other applications of data mining and text analytics in business.
- Peer Media Manager, Text 100 (New York)
Tags: social media analysis brand monitoring