News from the companies of social media analysis.
Companies and services
- Software updates: Techrigy
- CMO Council released Track the Yack, a study of online opinion by Fractal Analytics for its Reinvent Mobile campaign. press release
- The Communications Network released Are We There Yet? (PDF), an introduction to communication evaluation by Asibey Consulting. via Intelligent Measurement
- The Pew Internet & American Life Project released Adults and Social Network Websites (PDF). It's no surprise that the survey found a much higher adoption rate among teens, but because of the larger adult population, most social network users are adults.
- 21 January - SAS is presenting a free webinar, Predictive Analytics - Optimizing Business and Reducing Costs Across Verticals, 3:00 PM EST (GMT -5). Eric Siegel will summarize business applications of predictive analytics and how each provides business value by predicting customer behavior.
- 27 January - Aquent is presenting a free webinar on digital marketing staffing trends, 1:00 PM EST (GMT -5).
- 28 January - Awareness is hosting a live Twebinar, Top 8 Best Practices for Social Media Marketing, 2:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Chris Brogan, Paul Gillin and representatives from Sony.
- 4 February - J.D. Power Web Intelligence is offering a free webinar, Marketing in a Recession: Consumers are Talking. Are You Listening? 4:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session features Janet Eden-Harris and Forrester's Suresh Vittal.
- 18–19 February (San Francisco) - Predictive Analytics World