News from the companies of social media analysis. Were you expecting a year-end slowdown?
Companies and services
- 9 December - BuzzNumbers launched its social media intelligence platform. press release (PDF)
- 9 December - Leximancer announced an OEM partnership with Satmetrix. press release
- 9 December - RepuMetrix announced RepuTrack, an online reputation monitoring dashboard.
- 21 November - Brand Titan completed its acquisition of Attenalert and has relaunched it as a free, online reputation management tool. press release
- 12 November - BurrellesLuce introduced iMonitor, a self-service Internet search and monitoring tool that delivers results through the BurrellesLuce portal for analysis and reporting. press release, via Gail Nelson
- 4 December - Scout Labs is widening participation in their beta in anticipation of an early 2009 launch.
- 9 December - Social media content sourcer Trendiction presented in the LeWeb '08 Startup Competition.
- Software updates: Dow Jones Factiva
- BurrellesLuce release 2009 Top Media Outlets: Newspapers, Blogs, Consumer Magazines, and Social Networks, a chart that lists circulation figures for 100 US daily newspapers, 25 English language blogs, 25 social networking sites and 25 consumer magazines. press release
- CIC released the final two parts of its third quarter white paper series, The Internet is THE Community: "The Diversity of Chinese Net Language" and "Reshaping the Relationship between Brands and Consumers." via Sam Flemming
- com.motion released the 2nd Annual com.motion-Pollara Social Media Barometer. (PDF). In the survey of Canadian business and marketing leaders, 82% say they will spend as much or more on social media in 2009 than they did in 2008. press release (PDF), via Darren Kelly
- VibeMetrix released a new ebook, Secrets of Local Business Blogging (PDF).
- 16 December - dna13 is presenting a free webinar, Demonstrate Your Value Beyond The Traditional Role of PR, at 1:00 PM EST (GMT-5). The session will focus on dnaEnterprise, a PR management, monitoring and measurement platform.
- 16 December - Techrigy is presenting a free webinar, Become a Social Media Marketing Expert with SM2 from Techrigy, 2:00 PM EST (GMT -5). The session will focus on profitable social media marketing models and the SM2 application.
- 17 December (London) - MeasurementCamp, 10:00 AM at Chinwag.
- 17 December - Biz360 is presenting a free webinar, Industry Briefing: What is driving consumers to buy cars in today's market?, 2:00 PM EST (GMT -5). Brad Brodigan and Tony Priore will discuss Biz360's recent automotive study (PDF) and using technology to analyze opinions from review websites.