News from the companies of social media analysis.
Companies and services
- 8 October - WPP Group wins TNS as 82% of TNS shareholders accept the WPP acquisition offer. WPP plans to combine TNS and WPP's Kantar to make the world's second-largest market research group after Nielsen.
- 7 October - Biz360 launched Opinion Insights, a tool for monitoring and analyzing consumer opinion in shopping and review sites. press release
- 3 October - MotiveQuest unveiled BrandAdvocacy08, joining the list of election-oriented analysis sites. MotiveQuest's David Rabjohns promises, "I am so convinced of this metric that if we are wrong, and fail to correctly predict the outcome of the election, I will shave my head on You Tube for your delight." The stakes just keep going up, don't they?
- 8 October - Lexalytics announced ExecDex, a free analytical portal focused on coverage of company CEOs.
- 6 October - Attentio has moved into new offices.
- 7 October - Connie Bensen joins Techrigy as Community Strategist. Bensen will also continue her role as Community Manager for Network Solutions.
- 13 October (New York) - The Santa Clara University School of Law's Eric Goldman will speak at the Cardozo Law School on the Economics of Reputational Information at noon. Lunch will be provided.
- 15–17 October (Portsmouth, NH) - IPR's 6th Summit on Measurement.
- 16 October - Dow Jones is presenting a free webinar, The Evolving Role of the Business Researcher, 16 October at 11:00 AM EDT (GMT -4). Ken Sickles and Ellen Maccabe will discuss DJ's "Research the Researcher" project and how emerging technologies, organizational trends, and end user expectations are impacting the way researchers work.
- 17 October - Dow Jones and IABC are presenting a free webinar, Leveraging Social Media for Effective Corporate Communications, 17 October at 1:00 PM EDT (GMT -4). David Meerman Scott will talk about the New Rules of PR, and DJ's Glenn Fannick will cover the importance of measuring online media.
- ICWSM 2009, due 21 January.
- Senior Director of Partnership and Digital Marketing, GMR Entertainment (New York)
Tags: social media analysis brand monitoring text anayltics